God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What if ...

WHAT IF God is big enough to love all and exclude none?
WHAT IF God speaks through a painting, or a theorem, or a protest or a poem?
WHAT IF, in feeding my mind, I could feed my spirit, too?
WHAT IF the people around me also wanted to change the world?
WHAT IF there was a small corner of the world where I could be loved and accepted as I am?
(from UCC.org)

Have you ever felt this way? Seeking, searching for a God who didn’t place barriers on who can enter and who can’t. Seeking a people also a journey who have as many questions as they have answers, but have a passion for changing the world to reflect the dream God has for creation. I know that many of us are built with this restlessness that causes us to seek after God. One of the songs that has often spoken to me of this restlessness is “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For.” This was my anthem during my 20s. The restless search for something. A search that takes us out into the beauty of nature. A search that takes us into the heart of wild energy. A search that takes us into relationships of love. But a search that for a moment seems to bring peace but not a complete peace. There is still a sense of wanting more, of reaching for more, of hoping for more.

But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.

I believe in the Kingdom Come
Then all the colours will bleed into one
Bleed into one.
But yes, I'm still running.

You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross of my shame
Oh my shame, you know I believe it.


I think we are all restless. We are usually searching for more at times when we are making a break through. We have dug deeper into faith and we reach that moment of getting it. But those moments can’t last forever. We want to be able to stay there, but we have to come down for there is always more out there to be learned and experienced. May you be blessed with a restlessness that leads you to rest in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment