Lent with the Lord's PrayerHallowed be thy name. Matthew 6:9
1 O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouths of babes and infants
you have founded a bulwark because of your foes,
to silence the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars that you have established;
4 what are human beings that you are mindful of them,
mortals that you care for them?
5 Yet you have made them a little lower than God,
and crowned them with glory and honor.
6 You have given them dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under their feet,
7 all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field,
8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord, our Sovereign,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
As we think about God’s name, we see the majesty of God’s name and we say Hallowed Be Thy Name. As you pray today, as your breath flows in and out use Hallowed Be Thy Name as a simple prayer. As you go about your day today, punctuate every act and every moment with Hallowed Be Thy Name.
- As you see a child sleeping on her mother’s chest, hallowed be thy name.
- As you see the sunset on the lake, hallowed be thy name.
- As you watch the geese fly north, hallowed be thy name.
- When you offer a word of kindness, hallowed be thy name.
- When you walk the dog, hallowed be thy name.
- When you sit for a moment in silence, hallowed be thy name.
- When you look into the face of the one you love, hallowed be thy name.