Lent with the Lord's Prayer
Thy Kingdom come. Matthew 6:10As we enter into a times of prayer today in which we invite God’s kingdom to come, begin by singing Seek Ye First by Karen Lafferty
Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God
And His righteousness
And all these things shall be added unto you
Man shall not live by bread alone
But by every word
That proceeds from the mouth of God
Ask and it shall be given unto you
Seek and ye shall find
Knock and the door shall be opened unto you
As you pray today think first about those places where we thirst for the kingdom of God.
- When we are lost, thy kingdom come.
- When someone is sick, thy kingdom come.
- When the bereft are grieving, thy kingdom come.
- When we are frightened, thy kingdom come.
- When we are lonely, thy kingdom come.
- When we long for God to be close, to draw near, thy kingdom come.
- When we cry out for comfort, we pray thy kingdom come.
End by praying the Maori version of the Lord’s Prayer
Earth-Maker, Pain-Bearer, Life-Giver,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
Father and Mother of us all,
Loving God, in whom is heaven;
May your sacred name echo through the universe,
The way of your justice be followed
by the peoples of the world,
Your heavenly will be done by all created beings,
Your commonwealth of peace and freedom
sustain our hope and come on earth.
With the bread we need for today, feed us.
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us.
In times of temptation and test, strengthen us.
From trials too great to endure, spare us.
From the grip of all that is evil, free us.
For you reign in the glory of the power that is love,
now and forever.