God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hosanna,




Glenn Carter as Jesus, Frederick B Owens as Caiaphas. From 'Jesus Christ Superstar' the London Revival by Andrew Lloyd Weber and Time Rice. 

As I am preparing to preach tomorrow and I have to admit this is the song stuck in my head as I work on my sermon. I am wondering what it looks like to preach using the lines from the song
Won't you smile at me
You're all right by me
Won't you fight for me
Won't you die for me
These four images give us different expectations from the crowd.  Those who are just enjoying the party.  Those who are seeking healing.  Those who want Jesus, the military leader, to come and fight the system.  Those who believe Jesus is the sacrificial lamb.  As we sing Hosanna, as we ask the one who comes in the name of the Lord to save us, where are we in the crowd?

No comments:

Post a Comment