And now, Lord, look at their threats, and grant to your servants to speak your word with all boldness while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servantJesus." When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness.
As part of the United Church of Christ, we have declared ourselves to be filled like these early Christians with boldness in proclaiming the Gospel message of welcome and inclusion. We speak of a God who is still speaking to us and through us.
God is still speaking:
- where God is all-loving and inclusive
- where a church welcomes and accepts everyone as they are
- where your mind is nourished as much as your soul
- where Jesus the healer meets Jesus the revolutionary
- where together we grow a just and peaceful world. www.ucc.org
- Be attentive to God's voice in the world and in others
- Watch for each person God will send my way
- Listen for an appropriate moment to share a Stillspeaking word
- Share the good news of extravagant welcome
- Invite others to join me at church this week
- Give thanks for the opportunity to be a Stillspeaking Voice for the United Church of Christ