God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Psalm of Lament

                                                              God,
                                     where can I find you?
                          I have searched and called.
             You do not answer me.
I fear I will never hear your voice.

Are you there in the birds singing
                      in the flowers blooming?
                      in the breeze blowing
                      in the rain falling?
                      in the sunlight through the clouds?

Can I find you in the stream flowing by?
                      in the winding forest path?
                      in the rugged mountain slope?
                      in the laughter of a child?
                      in the tender kisses of my lover?

Is there anywhere I can go that you won't be?
                      in the depths of my despair?
                      in the birth of my child?
                      in the loneliest of nights?
                      in the joy of fresh falling snow?

O God, where can I go that You are not with me?
             Eternal Spirit, Creator of heaven and earth
                                   Let all creation sing forth Your praise
                                              for You are Here!
12/10/02
written for a course on the Psalms at McCormick Seminary

No comments:

Post a Comment