God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Call to Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark a Prayer Journey, Weeks 4-6

Week 4

Sowing the Kingdom, Day 22

The Beauty of Smallness, Day 23

Why Are You Afraid? Day 24

What Has the Lord Done for You? Day 25

Spirit Interruptions, Day 26

Do Not Fear, Day 27

Questions, Day 28

Reflection  Day
       Think back over your week of prayer and study. Reread your favorite scripture.  Review any notes of insights you had from the week. Then answer:

1. What was the most important things I've learned, discovered, remembered, this week?

2.  Which of the words sticks out to you this week - Good Seed, Parable, Fear, Faith, Spirit Interruptions, God's Presence?

Prayer:
O God we have are yearning to believe that you sow your word extravagantly hoping that everyone near and far will come to experience the Kingdom of God.  But sometimes God we are afraid.  Our doubts and our worries, our struggles and fears keep us from embracing your word.  God make us the Good soil asking our questions, expresses our doubts and still you let the word take root and grow in our hearts and our lives.  Amen.  


Week 5








Reflection  Day
       Think back over your week of prayer and study. Reread your favorite scripture.  Review any notes of insights you had from the week. Then answer:

1. What was the most important things I've learned, discovered, remembered, this week?

2.  Which of the words sticks out to you this week - Doubts, Hard Hearts, Thorny Ground, Compassion?

Prayer:
God, its been a rough week.  We have stumbled in our journey.  We thought once we believed, once we heard your word, it would be easy, following you would be easy, but it is harder than we expected.  God use my doubts, my worries to create in my heart space for those I want to keep out.  Create in my heart room to push through my doubts and rejection of you.  Amen.

Week 6

Be Opened, Day 36

Feed Them, Day 37

They Just Don't Get It, Day 38

Opening Our Eyes, Day 39

Who Is Jesus? Day 40

Listen to Jesus, Day 41

Suffering and Following, Day 42

Reflection  Day
       Think back over your week of prayer and study. Reread your favorite scripture.  Review any notes of insights you had from the week. Then answer:

1. What was the most important things I've learned, discovered, remembered, this week?

2.  Which of the words sticks out to you this week - hearing, seeing, suffering, understanding, listening?

Prayer:
Compassionate One, I am not perfect, I often fall down, I fail spectacularly even when I want to follow you faithfully. Please open my ears that I may hear you. Open my eyes that I might see the world that you see.  Open our mouths that we may speak about your work in the world and your presence in my life.  Open me up God to hear and see your truth.  Amen.  

Were I the Perfect Child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment