God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Call to Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark a Prayer Journey, Weeks 7-9

In these next three  weeks we learn about how hard it is to follow Jesus. We start of with good intentions but then we are filled with doubt, experience rejection, get too caught up in our own ego and we forget why we started walking the way in the first place. We were invited to turn around, to turn back to God and believe. But in these next week we struggle with this we ask questions about divorce, marriage, power, money, taxes.  In this period of doubt and questions, in this time of neglect and rejection, take time to remind yourself about the Jesus you fell in love with, the Jesus who changed your heart and mind and invited you to join him on the Way. 

Week 7

Help My Unbelief, Day 43

Who is the Greatest? Day 44

Stumbling Blocks, Day 45

Divorce and Discipleship, Day 46

Welcome the Child, Day 47

Money and Discipleship, Day 48

To Serve, Day 49

Reflection  Day
       Think back over your week of prayer and study. Reread your favorite scripture.  Review any notes of insights you had from the week. Then answer:

1. What was the most important things I've learned, discovered, remembered, this week?

2.  Which of the words sticks out to you this week - smallness, greatness, servant, welcome, unbelief?

Prayer: 
Compassionate Healer, the weariness of the journey is beginning to set in on me.  I started following you excited and passionate about serving you, but then I faltered. I get ripped up by my own needs and wants. In those moments where I fail, where I fall down, where I miss the mark, help my unbelief?  Pick me up and show me the way forward. They way toward you and God.  Amen.

Week 8

Kingdom Sight, Day 50

Parades and the Kingdom, Day 51

Prayer and Money, Day 52

How to Answer a Question? Day 53

Who Owns the Earth? Day 54

Taxes and Discipleship, Day 55

Marriage and Discipleship, Day 56
Reflection  Day
       Think back over your week of prayer and study. Reread your favorite scripture.  Review any notes of insights you had from the week. Then answer:

1. What was the most important things I've learned, discovered, remembered, this week?

2.  Which of the words sticks out to you this week - Money, Taxes, Marriage, Ownership, Questions and Celebration?

Prayer:
Blessed are you who come in the name of the Lord. Jesus after worship on Sunday I was so excited, I was singing your praises and ready to dance in the streets. But then on Monday I am at my job and the bills are piling up and I wonder how I will pay for everything. God how do I live in this world where the demands of money, taxes, ownership seem to pull me away from your presence?  Help me negotiate being in the world and yet following you. You know where I struggle and fail sometimes, help me to remember that you have shown us a different way to live and be. Amen.

Week 9








Reflection  Day
       Think back over your week of prayer and study. Reread your favorite scripture.  Review any notes of insights you had from the week. Then answer:

1. What was the most important things I've learned, discovered, remembered, this week?

2.  Which of the words sticks out to you this week - Betrayal, Rejection, Criminal Justice, Take and Eat, Love?

Prayer:
Holy One, you spent time this week showing me how important love is. I get lost sometimes and forget you while leading my life even though you asked me to love you with everything that I am and can be. Remind me that you love me, that you created me to be your beloved child. When I remember your love show me how I can love my neighbors and you. Amen.

I have Decided to Follow Jesus




No comments:

Post a Comment