God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Monday, November 30, 2015

Work

 I was assuming that my day was going to be a litle hectic. I was going to do work since I am taking a day off later in the week for my mom's birthday. So instead of resting and goofing off like a normal Monday, I was a set to get to work. Manic Monday


The advent word for the day is work. So I sat down to do some of my office work today and the computer decided to update and restart. Two and a half hours later,  I had reached this page. My day of work was not going the way I had planned for it to go. I was going to get the bulletin done and work on why I choose the topic I did. But my computer decided that I could not use it. I had to wait. I had to approach the topic a different route. I had to actually pull out my paper bible and look up the passage with paper rather than a couple of clicks. I couldn't just jump to googling  my key words to see what blogs, sermons, images came up. Instead I had just the words from my bible. I had to sit with the words first. Rather than using google for inspiration I had to stop and approach my task differently. I will admit that I really wanted those new features now and not later. I was frustrated and annoyed. While I worked my way into a new manner of working, I really longed for my computer to be back.

I was pushed into a little Sabbath rest. I had time to reflect on what happened on Sunday and  think about how we could take the theme further. I had time to rest with the words and themes.
2And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done. 3So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all the work that he had done in creation. Genesis 2:2-3
Granted my Sabbath lasted for 2 hours. It was a nice chance to slow down with God's word. To just dream. But then the computer was back and work moved in its normally manner. ALthough not very manic.

No comments:

Post a Comment