God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Have Mercy on Me

They came to Jericho. As he and his disciples and a large crowd were leaving Jericho, Bartimaeus son of Timaeus, a blind beggar, was sitting by the roadside. 47When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out and say, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!’ 48Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even more loudly, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’ 49Jesus stood still and said, ‘Call him here.’ And they called the blind man, saying to him, ‘Take heart; get up, he is calling you.’ 50So throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. 51Then Jesus said to him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher, let me see again.’ 52Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way. Mark 10:46-52
Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me
have mercy on me
when all you want is to be well
when all you want is to be whole
when all you want is the pain to go away
when all you want is the hurt to stop
you seek mercy
you cry out for mercy
you pray for mercy
all day, the words run through your mind
Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me
as you breathe
Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me
in and out, you breathe
over and over
Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me
you walk, you drive, you work
Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me
this prayer, this plea, this cry
Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me
then you hear the voice of compassion
take heart

No comments:

Post a Comment