God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Sunday, March 5, 2017

I do choose. Be made clean.

40A leper came to him begging him, and kneeling he said to him, “If you choose, you can make me clean.” 41Moved with pity, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, “I do choose. Be made clean!” 42Immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean. 43After sternly warning him he sent him away at once, 44saying to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.” 45But he went out and began to proclaim it freely, and to spread the word, so that Jesus could no longer go into a town openly, but stayed out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter. Mark 1:40-45
Nik Nur Amirah NY, Leper, flickr
 I do choose
he approached the healer
he begged him
he pleaded
he bowed down
he knelled before him
the words he said
"If you choose, you can make me clean."
if you choose
if you see the pain
if you see how long I have been suffering
if you see that I can't be me
if you see that I want to be well
I want to be clean and able to join life
I want to participate in the community
I want to belong

"If you choose, you can make me clean."
Jesus saw him
Jesus was moved by him
Jesus saw what was missing in his life because of this illness
Jesus saw into his his heart
Moved Jesus reaches out
Jesus touches this man
who no one will touch
who people walk by and avert their eyes
who has been cast out
cast aside
Jesus touched him and said
“I do choose. Be made clean!”
“I do choose. Be made clean!”

right away
before he could even breath
the illness left him
he was made clean
he was brought back into community

he couldn't contain himself
he told every one
he shared the news every where
he spoke the good news
he proclaimed the gospel far and wide
the word went out and spread
the word could not be contained or stopped
people began to seek Jesus out
people began to seek hope and healing
more and more people began to ask for healing
for help
for hope
and Jesus is moved
is always moved
Jesus want people to be made well
to be made clean


No comments:

Post a Comment