God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Saturday, March 11, 2017

if I but touch him, I will be made well

And a large crowd followed him and pressed in on him. 25Now there was a woman who had been suffering from haemorrhages for twelve years. 26She had endured much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had; and she was no better, but rather grew worse. 27She had heard about Jesus, and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28for she said, ‘If I but touch his clothes, I will be made well.’ 29Immediately her haemorrhage stopped; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease. 30Immediately aware that power had gone forth from him, Jesus turned about in the crowd and said, ‘Who touched my clothes?’ 31And his disciples said to him, ‘You see the crowd pressing in on you; how can you say, “Who touched me?” 32He looked all round to see who had done it. 33But the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came in fear and trembling, fell down before him, and told him the whole truth. 34He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.’ Mark 5:24-34
if I but touch him, I will be made well
bleeding for 12 years
couldn't talk about it
it was a woman's problem
at times so weak I couldn't move
left out of so much because I was perpetually unclean

if I but touch him, I will be made well
I tried everything
if there was an herb that might somehow, someway stopp bleeding I gathered it
I went to the doctor in my village
the midwife
the crone
I to the next doctor
I spent everything I had on a cure

if I but touch him, I will be made well
nothing worked
sometimes it made me worse
increased the bleeding
made me dizzy
cause me to be week

 if I but touch him, I will be made well
a neighbor said have you heard about Jesus
he comes into town and says repent
he preaches about  love and forgiveness
when he comes into town people are healed
the disease they have is gone
they are made well, they are whole again
you know, he's coming to town today

if I but touch him, I will be made well
I cam up behind him in the crowd
I thought  if I but touch him, I will be made well
so I touched his cloak
the bleeding stopped
I felt my body be healed
can you imagine what is like to finally be well, to feel whole again

if I but touch him, I will be made well
he started to look around
I knew he was looking for me
he knew that I was better
he said, who touched my clothes
his friends said have you seen the crowds
everyone is touching you
he said again, who touched me

if I but touch him, I will be made well
I knew he meant me
I apporached him with my head down
I fell to my knees there before him
I was scared
but I told him
I told him of the bleeding, the doctors, the money, the hope
I told him my story

if I but touch him, I will be made well
he called me daughter
he said my faith made me well
he told me to go in peace
he said be healed of your disease

if I but touch him, I will be made well
he gave me back my life
he restored me
he didn't just cure me
he transformed what I had been to what I could be
he made me whole
A Touching Place, John Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment