God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Monday, March 6, 2017

Your sins are forgiven

Rise Up, Andra Day
When he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2So many gathered around that there was no longer room for them, not even in front of the door; and he was speaking the word to them. 3Then some people came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4And when they could not bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him; and after having dug through it, they let down the mat on which the paralytic lay. 5When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 6Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts, 7“Why does this fellow speak in this way? It is blasphemy! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” 8At once Jesus perceived in his spirit that they were discussing these questions among themselves; and he said to them, “Why do you raise such questions in your hearts? 9Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Stand up and take your mat and walk’? 10But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins” —he said to the paralytic— 11“I say to you, stand up, take your mat and go to your home.” 12And he stood up, and immediately took the mat and went out before all of them; so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!” 
Eden, Janine and Jim, Grace, flickr
your sins are forgiven
you can't walk
you can't move around they way you want
you have to rely on others to do everything
you need someone to help you get around

your sins are forgiven
you have friends who were there with you when the accident happened
since then that have been their for you
they have taken you to the doctors
they have brought your family food
they have have listened to your pain

your sins are forgiven
they heard about Jesus
he was able to heal people
they decided to take you to Jesus
when they arrive they find that there are so many people
the space is crowded and he will never see me
touch me
heal me
one of them looks at the building
I think we could bring him in through the ceiling
look it is one of the grass ceilings
we could break open a spot and lower you in

your sins are forgiven
the next thing I know i am dropping down through the ceiling
he is busy speaking about repentance
he is talking about how we often all of us miss the mark
but the good new he says is that God is waiting for you to turn around
to turn back
to experience the grace that comes when you remember your place with God
Jesus says all you have to do is repent and believe the good news

your sins are forgiven
Jesus looks up as  I am being dropped down to his feet
as I am settled on the ground he says
your sins are forgiven
why woul dhe say that
I can't walk beceuse of the accident
I haven't been healed becuase they don't know how to fuse my spine back together
he says again as he looks at me
your sins are forgiven

your sins are forgiven
I feel relief
I feel like he sees me
he knows whats inside
he sees my regrets, my mistakes, my fears
I see compassion in his eyes

your sins are forgiven
some in the crowd didn't like those words
they didn't want him  to be able to forgive sins
they felt he was taking over God's role in are lives
But those words - your sins are forgiven- changed me

your sins are forgiven
Jesus says fine he looks at me there is compassion their
take up you mat and walk
I'm scared
but i feel the tingling where their has been no feeling
I move my legs  which have been unable to move since the accident
I stood for the first time in so long
I look at Jesus with thanks
he has transformed me
your sins are forgiven

your sins are forgiven
he gave me back the world
he opened my life back up to the world, to my family, to life
he helped me to remember my faith
he helped me to experience the love of God
he changed my friends and I that day
we spoke those same words to other
we shared with family and friend about turning back to God, about repenting
we spoke of forgiveness
we learned to forgive




No comments:

Post a Comment