God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Have Mercy on Me

As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, crying loudly, ‘Have mercy on us, Son of David!’ 28When he entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, ‘Do you believe that I am able to do this?’ They said to him, ‘Yes, Lord.’ 29Then he touched their eyes and said, ‘According to your faith let it be done to you.’ 30And their eyes were opened. Then Jesus sternly ordered them, ‘See that no one knows of this.’ 31But they went away and spread the news about him throughout that district.  Matthew 9:27-31
have mercy on me
I keep emailing
I ask him over and over
don't take my insurance away
I call him
I say please don't leave my family and I without healthcare

have mercy on me
the big vote came
he was missing in action
sure no one got to vote for they pulled the bill
but on the lists
he wasn't opposed
he wasn't for
he was silent

have mercy on me
I ask him to make Obamacare better
I ask him to lower the premiums
I ask him to add a public option
I ask him for medicare for all

have mercy on me
his response is usually crickets
but when pressed he will sometimes tell me
there are people who only have one choice
I ask how does taking away my healthcare fix their choices?
there are people who have skyrocketing premiums
I ask why not lower all the premiums not get rid of my healthcare?

have mercy on me
I thought we, all of us who are worried, fearful, and active
I thought we had stopped this
but then they come out with a new plan
before they head home for recess
 a massive tax cut to the rich
I ask how does this fix my healthcare woes
removing the subsidies for a tax credit
I ask how do I come up with the extra six hundred dollars a month

have mercy on me
have mercy on us
show us that you care
show us that our lives matter
show us that you want to make us well

have mercy on me
have mercy on us

No comments:

Post a Comment