God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The One who Had Been Mute Spoke

After they had gone away, a demoniac who was mute was brought to him. 33And when the demon had been cast out, the one who had been mute spoke; and the crowds were amazed and said, ‘Never has anything like this been seen in Israel.’ 34But the Pharisees said, ‘By the ruler of the demons he casts out the demons.’ Matthew 9:32-34
the one who had been mute spoke
I can sympathize
I want people who don't usually have a voice
who aren't asked their opinions
who are silenced
who are interrupted
who are not listened to
I want them to speak
I want us to hear their voice

yet in the world today
a voice that I am appalled by
a voice that scares me
a voice that hurts, wants to hurt others
is speaking
is being heard in ways not heard in years, my lifetime

this voice speaks out
telling me to be afraid of the immigrant
telling me to fear the Mexican
they are are murders, rapists
they are are taking my jobs
using tax money that could help me
yet when I hear immigrants speak
I hear a voice that is scared
a hear of children afraid to go to school because when they come home will their parent be gone
I hear this voice saying the America is a dream, a land of hope, a place where I can feed my family
I hear the struggle this voice goes through
of fleeing violence,
of seeking a better life for themselves and their children
I hear voices that are so much more than Mexicans
I hear the voice of Asians, Africans, South and Central Americans, Indians
These voice open a new world, a world beyond what I could imagine

the one who is mute has begun to speak
God help me to hear the voice of those who make me comfortable and those who are uncomfortable
God if it is me who has been mute help me to speak your truth
that I may amaze those who hear
may my words been unlike anything scene before
God open up the voices you need us to hear

No comments:

Post a Comment