God has place this wonderful creation in our hands. As U2 sings, "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away." We have this one life to live on this beautiful planet so enjoy these reflections on God, faith, life, and music. "After the flood all of the colors came out. It's a beautiful day."

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Time For Singing Has Come

Chicago Botanical Garden
 ‘Arise, my love, my fair one,
   and come away;
11 for now the winter is past,
   the rain is over and gone.
12 The flowers appear on the earth;
   the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtle-dove
   is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree puts forth its figs,
   and the vines are in blossom;
   they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
   and come away.
14 O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
   in the covert of the cliff,
let me see your face,
   let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
   and your face is lovely.
15 Catch us the foxes,
   the little foxes,
that ruin the vineyards—
   for our vineyards are in blossom.’ 

                         Song of Songs 2:10-15

 the time of singing has come
Chicago Botanical Garden
as I walked in beauty
seeing the flowers blooming
the birds singing
the water running
as the squirrels scampering
the time of singing has come

the time of singing has come
having to dust off and pull out
Eddie Brickell, Bob Dylon, Sweet Honey and the Rock, Joan Baez, Peter Paul & Mary, Midnight Oil,  Pete Seeger, Woodie Guthrie
the time for songs of protest and revolt
the time for songs that inspire us
the time for songs that sustain us
the time for songs that comfort us

Arise, my love, my fair one
with creation showing its goodness
with creation showing its beauty
with creation in bloom

Arise, my love, my fair one
open the hymnal to the first pages
Chicago Botanical Garden
start singing
All Creatures of Our God and King
For the Beauty of the Earth
Thank You, God, for Water, Soil and Air
Let All Creation Bless the Lord
God, You Spin the Whirling Planets
Let All Things Now Living
I Sing the Mighty Power of God
Creating God, Your Fingers Trace
All Things Bright and Beautiful
God of the Sparrow
Touch the Earth Lightly
We Cannot Own the Sunlit Land

the time of singing has come
we sing our hope for life everlasting
we sing our hope of a planet resurrected
we sing our hope that its not too late
we sing our hope that my great great grandchildren will walk in beauty
the time of singing has come
arise, my love, my fair one
come away with me

No comments:

Post a Comment