You Cannot Do It Alone, a prayer

 




As we settle into prayer. As you inhale and exhale say:

Inhale:  You will wear yourself out   Exhale: You cannot do it alone             Inhale       Exhale     

What you are doing is not good.

God,  Show me the places where what I am doing is not good

Show me the words I have spoken that have cause pain

Show me the actions I have taken that harmed another

Help me to look at myself honestly, truthfully,

You will surely wear yourself out,

God, when I have taken on too much

when the too do list keeps getting longer and longer

when the task seem endless

help me see when to let go, for there will always be more to do

For the task is too heavy for you;

God, there are some burdens that are too much

there are some actions that require too much

there are times when the world is just too heavy

help me to set down some of my load

you cannot do it alone. 

God, asking for help is hard

I don’t like to admit where I am week

where I can’t do the things I used to do

asking for help is hard

we are not meant to do this alone

help me to hear when someone reaches out

help me reach out when I am overwhelmed

they will bear the burden with you

God, we have a circle of those who are with us

who share in our joys and sorrows, tears and laughter

be with them this day, lighten their load, and strengthen their love.

Based on Exodus  18:13-27

Comments

Popular Posts